Southlake Sleep Wellness Clinic
The Southlake Sleep Wellness Clinic provides comprehensive evaluation and management of adult patients with sleep disorders. Diagnostic tests include polysomnogram (sleep study), CPAP titration, Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT), and Home Sleep Apnea Test (HSAT).
In addition to sleep diagnoses and treatment, our services also include providing durable medical equipment (CPAP or BiPAP) and other sleep-related supplies.
To simulate the closest conditions to sleeping at home, our rooms are nicely appointed. Please feel free to visit our lab before scheduling a study. Our sleep clinic is equipped with state-of-the-art digital polysomnographic recording equipment. Feel free to call us if you are interested in touring our lab.
Dr. Asher Imam is our Medical Director with 19 plus years of experience in diagnosing and managing complex sleep disorders. His primary board certification is in the specialty of neurology with additional subspecialty board certification in sleep medicine, clinical neurophysiology, and vascular neurology. He has previously held directorship positions at various labs in Arlington, Texas and most recently, for 10 years, at Baylor regional Medical Center at Grapevine.
Stephanie Whitten, RPSGT is our sleep lab and DME manager who began her career in 2006 as a polysomnography technician. A short time later she became clinical coordinator. Over a period of time she managed several different labs at different locations in the metroplex. She is a registered polysomnography technician. She also has extensive experience in sleep patient care, operations management, polysomnography, PAP titration, and durable medical equipment setups and mask fittings.
Common Sleep Disorders include:
- Insomnia Disorders
- Sleep Related Breating Disorders
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea Disorders
- Central Sleep Apnea Syndromes
- Sleep Related Hypoventilation Disorders
- Sleep Related Hypoxemia Disorder
- Isolated Symptoms and Normal Variants.
- Central Disorders of Hypersomnolence
- Narcolepsy Type 1 or Type 2
- Idiopathic hypersomnia
- Klein-Levin Syndrome
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep-Wake Disorders
- Confusional Arousals
- Sleep Walking
- Sleep Terrors
- Sleep Related Eating Disorder
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Recurrent Isolated Sleep Paralysis
- Nightmare Disorder
- Esploding Head Syndrome
- Dleep Related Hallucinations
- Sleep Enuresis
- Parasomnia Due to Medical Disorder or Medication
- Sleep Talking
- Sleep Related Movement Disorders
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Sleep Related Bruxism (Teeth Grinding/Clenching)
- Sleep Related Rhythmic Movement Disorder
- Sleep Related Medical and Neurological Disorders
- Fatal Familial Insomnia
- Sleep Related Epilepsy
- Sleep Related Headaches